If you’re anything like me, you’re shocked that it’s time for Thanksgiving already this year. In addition to the food and family that I think we’re all thankful for, don’t forget to take a minute and be thankful for your pets who give you unconditional love daily.
Also remember that feeding them from the table or putting human table scraps in their bowls later on is a big no-no. Many foods commonly served for a holiday meal either contain ingredients which can be poison or are dishes that are poisonous in their own right. Giving them a rawhide or other treat intended for animals may help distract their interest in your holiday table.
If you think your pet has been poisoned, contact the Pet Poison Helpline at http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com or 800.213.6680.
From everyone here at the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association, we wish you and yours a truly happy Thanksgiving holiday.